Original Date: December 17, 2021
Resource on Self Care
- Jessica Horn, “Thoughts on radical care in African feminist praxis.” The Sociological Review, (2020, March 18). Available online at https://thesociologicalreview.org/magazine/march-2020/radical-care/thoughts-on-radical-care-in-african-feminist-praxis/
- A practical toolkit (in the form of a zine) that Jessica Horn helped develop on self and collective care: https://preventgbvafrica.org/understanding-vaw/zines/self-and-collective-care/
- The link to the meditation: https://youtu.be/_axz86tYOzM
- The ’30 Day Meditation Challenge with Faith Hunter’: https://www.doyou.com/programs/30-day-meditation-challenge/ (on the Do You website) or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1BSDVADD4k&list=PLcjgXQkHWH44d-sh-5JWjtWPCVpX5X-Si (on YouTube).
- Those interested in what Iyanla Vanzant said in an interview with Oprah might also be interested in these:
- The interview snippet about filling your cup up first: Why You Should Put Yourself First – Oprah’s LifeClass: https://youtu.be/ZhqokZF5OFU;
- here is the book I mentioned that’s part of my morning spiritual readings: Until Today! Daily Devotions for Spiritual Growth and Peace of Mind: https://books.google.co.za/books?id=QL-dJKxSeRMC&dq=iyanla+vanzant&source=gbs_navlinks_s;
- and for those who are interested in more of her work visit: https://iyanla.com/.